The festive season is around the corner in India with Dusshera and Diwali just a few days away. It’s also the season for gifting – most of it in the form of sweets – gulab jamun, barfi, chocolate boxes, and more! But what about gifting these things to someone who is trying to lose weight? You do not want to be person who acted as a catalyst and took your friend off from that weight loss wagon. If you are running short of ideas of finding gifts for your weight-loss aspirant friend/family member/spouse/colleague, here are some best gift ideas for people who are trying to lose weight.
1. Weighing Scale: If your friend doesn’t have a weighing scale yet, this is a great opportunity to contribute in a big way towards his/her weight loss. While starting on a weight loss journey, getting a weighing scale can motivate someone to keep working on themselves. During festivals, where sugar-rich sweets like gulab jamun, burfi, and ladoos in a thousand varieties is all around you, a weighing scale can keep a person on track.
2. Fitness Band: A fitness band helps to keep track of your activity, the total calories burnt, and the hours of sleep one gets – for someone who is exercising and getting active, this is a brilliant gift.
3. Rati Beauty Weight loss Program: The best gift for those who want to lose weight and get healthy – subscription to Rati Beauty Weight Loss programs on the Rati Beauty app, which helps to lose weight by eating healthy and delicious food. Dieting is no longer about bland and “meh” food – all details here.
4. Yoga mat: If there’s one form of exercise everyone should be doing – it’s yoga! Celebrities like Shilpa Shetty, Kareena Kapoor absolutely vouch about the efficacy of yoga in keeping them in shape. It’s a wonderful form of exercise for mental and physical health, and helps tone the body too. A yoga mat will be a cost-effective yet an amazing gift for anyone.
5. Meal Prep Containers: Meal prep containers made from glass that are microwave safe can promote the habit of healthy eating and save a lot of time during hectic weekdays where there is little time to cook homemade food. Preparing batches of healthy food and storing them up in the fridge, that would last for most days in the week will save a lot of money, and cut down loads of calories that make their way through ordered foods from restaurants and eateries.
6. Wireless Headphones: A good bluetooth, wireless headphones that are also sweatproof that your friend can wear while working out in the gym, exercising at home, or during long morning walks.
7. Workout Clothes: Hand over a shopping voucher to your friend so that he/she can shop for trendy workout/athleisure clothes so that the motivation to exercise and workout is always on.
8. Gym membership: Weight loss is about 80% dieting and 20% exercise, so gift a membership to the nearby gym to your friend so that he/she stays active and puts in that much-needed 20% to lose weight.
9. Blender: To make those yummilicious smoothies, green juice, etc., your friend would need a blender. So, why not gift it this festive season?
10. Shakers and Sippers: Sipping on water all through the day and during exercise to stay hydrated comes highly recommended for weight loss. Check online to find good shakers and sippers for your friend.
11. Kitchen Digital Weighing Scale: We at Rati Beauty have always emphasized on the importance of measuring food during dieting instead of just eye-balling the quantity. Measuring food is extremely important and a digital kitchen weighing scale helps a great deal in doing so.
12. Running shoes: A good pair of running shoes with good cushioning is important because they protect the feet from injury and provide the comfort needed during walking, running, and high intensity exercises.
Can you think of any other gift ideas for someone who is trying to lose weight? If yes, please do mention it in the comments below.