At this year’s ESPY Awards, tennis pro Naomi Osaka nabbed Best Female Athlete and Best Female Tennis Player, and aced her hairstyle as well. Stylist Marty Harper prepped Osaka’s hair with Sebastian Professional styling products in a sleek, shiny ponytail with green gemstones at her hairline.
“When creating this look, the blouse and skirt from Louis Vuitton pushed us,” Harper said. “It was about balance of strength, youth and reflection. The high shine and pops of rhinestone were to embrace this star.”
Here’s how Harper achieved the look:
- Prep the hair with Sebastian Professional Dark Oil Shampoo and Conditioner
- Blow dry using Potion 9 for conditioning and styling benefit
- Once dry, section hair from nape and spray with Trilliant for heat protection and shine
- Curl and set with Shaper Plus to secure wave and set against humidity
- Set baby hairs with Gel Forte, then place rhinestones
- Give the final look another spray of Shaper Plus for strong hold and humidity protection
This blog is for information purposes only. The content is not intended as medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Should you have a medical or dermatological problem, please consult with your physician. None of the information or recommendations on this website should be interpreted as medical advice.
All product reviews, recommendations, and references are based on the author’s personal experience and impressions using the products. All views and opinions are the author’s own.
This blog post may contain affiliate links. An affiliate link means we may earn a commission if you click on a link and make a purchase, without any extra cost to you.
Please see our Disclaimer for more information.