Do you wake up every day absolutely dying to get to work because you love your job, your clients, your co-workers and your company so, so much? If so, fantastic! If not, meet three pros who reveal how they found their dream jobs at Madison Reed Hair Color Bars.
Joana Paredes, Shift Lead, Corte Madera, CA
“Madison Reed has helped me grow while doing what I truly love.”
For Paredes, it boils down to the company’s values: Love, Courage, Trust, Joy and Responsibility. “I personally stand for everything that our company represents,” she says. Paredes was recruited by a manager from a previous workplace to what she referred to as an ‘amazing company.’ “I was a little nervous because change can be scary,” Paredes admits. “But I was excited because Madison Reed is a Hair Color Bar, which meant I didn’t have to cut hair anymore. I fell in love with the company instantly!
She started as a Colorist and was quickly promoted to Shift Lead Colorist. She currently helps train new employees and she says she loves teaching customers and employees about Madison Reed products. “In the future,” she says, “I hope to be able to train staff in multiple Hair Color Bar locations.”
Kelsey McCormick, General Manager, Gilbert, AZ
“I feel seen, heard and appreciated.”
McCormick worked behind the chair for 11 years; now, as a general manager, she’s excited about the diversity in her career. “I get to wear lots of different hats,” she says. “I love managing the floor, taking clients, making a schedule, doing inventory, etc. All these responsibilities make my career more satisfying than ever.” When it comes to the actual product, McCormick is a true believer. “Madison Reed hair color is free of ammonia, PPD, resorcinol, parabens, phthalates, gluten, SLS and titanium dioxide, and it’s certified cruelty free by Leaping Bunny!” she explains. “People are much more aware of the chemicals they put on and into their bodies, and a huge percentage of our clients come to us because our hair color is so clean. If you can get the same beautiful results without the harsh chemicals, why would you not choose Madison Reed hair color?” Best of all, every day at work is a pleasure for McCormick. “I feel seen, heard and appreciated,” she says. “I work for a company of like-minded, kind and caring people and I feel that at work every single day.”
Percy Warfield, General Manager, King of Prussia, PA
“Madison Reed is taking off and I want to be on that rocket ship!”
Warfield joined Madison Reed Hair Color Bars as a Shift Lead, managing the front of the Hair Color Bar, helping with training and operations, greeting clients and keeping up the morale on the floor. In less than a year, he was offered a General Manager position. “Eventually I would love to be on the Operations team where I can share my passion for color and my knowledge on how to run a Hair Color Bar smoothly,” he says.
“I love being a team player and sharing knowledge with others.” Since being part of the team, Warfield has found many things to admire about the company. For example, “Our employees are well taken care of. Nobody is treated like a number, which sometimes happens in large companies. Also, the products; from the permanent color to the shampoo and conditioner, it’s all so gentle and safe. I had reached the point in my career as a colorist when the smell of ammonia was really getting to me. With Madison Reed hair color, ammonia is no longer an issue!”
A NEW CONCEPT IN HAIR COLOR
Want to know more? Madison Reed Hair Color Bars are popping up everywhere. It’s an exciting new concept in quick, professional hair color based on founder Amy Errett’s passion for providing the best, most luxurious hair color made with ingredients everyone can feel good about.
It’s also a new way to pursue a hair color career, thanks to inclusive workspaces, flexibility and endless opportunities. Errett explains, “We want to create a space where team members feel a sense of belonging and are recognized and appreciated for their craft. We are a company that meets our team members where they are in their life; creating opportunities for advancement and financial security as well as professional development and career growth. We’re looking for folks who are ready to disrupt the industry, making people feel confident inside and out.”
MADISON REED HAIR COLOR BARS AT A GLANCE
If you’re considering a career at Madison Reed Hair Color Bars, here’s what you need to know:
- Currently there are 39 Hair Color Bars plus four Mini Bars. Ten more Hair Color Bars will open by the end of the year.
- Licensed cosmetologists can join as Assistant Colorists, Colorists, Shift Leads or General Managers. Many go on to jobs in field operations, talent acquisition, product development or as members of the online Color Crew.
- Pros earn a guaranteed hourly rate plus commission based on services and sales of retail products, memberships and subscriptions. Average income for a color pro is around $65,000 a year.
- Benefits? Yup! Full time team members receive 100 percent paid medical, dental and vision coverage plus basic life insurance. There is also accrued paid time off, short-term and long-term disability insurance, discounts on products and services, company paid holidays and floating holidays.
- From day one, team members receive customized in-depth training, covering everything from culture and values to product knowledge, service and color theory. Ongoing training includes unlimited access to Color Connect, the in-house learning and development platform.
- The future looks bright! Madison Reed has partnered with the Beauty Changes Lives Foundation to grant five $5,000 scholarships to new or currently enrolled cosmetology students. Anyone can apply between September 1 and November 30 of this year.
- Madison Reed prides itself on a shared sense of inclusion and belonging. They are deeply committed to equality, and work with the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging Committees to ensure the heart and soul of the brand values are demonstrated in how they hire, recognize, support and promote their people.
Explore more at https://haircolorbarcareers.madison-reed.com/
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
This blog is for information purposes only. The content is not intended as medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Should you have a medical or dermatological problem, please consult with your physician. None of the information or recommendations on this website should be interpreted as medical advice.
All product reviews, recommendations, and references are based on the author’s personal experience and impressions using the products. All views and opinions are the author’s own.
This blog post may contain affiliate links. An affiliate link means we may earn a commission if you click on a link and make a purchase, without any extra cost to you.
Please see our Disclaimer for more information.