Needing a cool futuristic look for NYFW Spring/Summer 2022, The Blonds asked Moroccanoil to design the hair. Moroccanoil Artistic Director Kevin Hughes looked up to the stars.
“This season’s look was inspired by the fluidity of Mercury and the glamor of the galaxy,” Hughes says. “We looked toward the future of intergalactic entertainment to present a high-gloss, gravity-defying look that pairs with a collection only The Blonds could dream up!”
Check the photo slider above for the backstage and runway action. Here are the how-to steps on one of the looks.
- On damp hair, use a dime-size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment—or Moroccanoil Treatment Light for finer hair and lighter tones—on mid-lengths to ends to provide the perfect foundation for styling.
- To protect the hair from all heat styling, apply Moroccanoil Perfect Defense on the hair globally.
- Blow the hair out smooth using the Moroccanoil Power Performance Ionic Hair Dryer and Ceramic 55 mm Round Brush.
- Using the Moroccanoil Styling Comb, create an arched part running diagonally across the back of the head, beginning from the left temple and sloping down to the right side of the head.
- Gather the left side of the hair in a low ponytail and the right side into a high ponytail, and use a generous amount of Moroccanoil Styling Gel as you directionally mold the hair into each ponytail.
- Once each ponytail is secured with a hair bungee, use more Moroccanoil Styling Gel over the ponytails as you twist each into a bun on top of itself.
- Fashion one bun to sit on the lower right side of the head and the other to sit on the upper left-hand side near the hairline . Secure each bun with bobby pins.
- Anchor the entire look with an ample amount of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong to strengthen the hold.
- Finish the look by spraying Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine throughout the hair.
For reprint and licensing requests for this article, Click here.
This blog is for information purposes only. The content is not intended as medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Should you have a medical or dermatological problem, please consult with your physician. None of the information or recommendations on this website should be interpreted as medical advice.
All product reviews, recommendations, and references are based on the author’s personal experience and impressions using the products. All views and opinions are the author’s own.
This blog post may contain affiliate links. An affiliate link means we may earn a commission if you click on a link and make a purchase, without any extra cost to you.
Please see our Disclaimer for more information.