Looking for a career in beauty? Needing flexibility with the education you receive? Look no further, we’ve got you covered at TONI&GUY Academy USA!
As our world changes so does our education system. At TONI&GUY we want to provide our students with a safe and effective learning environment, which is why we’ve created our hybrid distance program. The TONI&GUY hybrid cosmetology program consists of both online theory distance education from home and hands-on practical education in our academy. Need more information on what hybrid education is? Check out our breakdown below.
What does distance learning consist of?
- Each student will receive a TONI&GUY Digital Media Kit as a part of their tools.
- The Digital Media Kit includes a Samsung Tablet with case, earbuds, and ring light.
- Students will be able to utilize their tablet at home to access the TONI&GUY DNA educational platform where they will complete and submit course work online using digital textbooks and modules.
- Students will have access to our Education Live series, which premieres 3 days a week on our @TONIGUYACADEMYUSA. Education Live connects & exposes our students to different teaching methods.
- Students will receive theory instruction via zoom, watch live educator demos, and participate in interactive Q&A sessions directly with their instructors.
What will be taught in school?
From cutting to color, we’ll teach you everything you need to know about hair. Our in-school instruction will consist of hands-on practical education focusing on the foundational cutting and coloring techniques utilizing the TONI&GUY Classics Collection. By the time you leave our academy you’ll have all the skills needed to start your career in hairdressing.
During your time at the TONI&GUY Academy students will focus on our Classics Collection. The Classics Collection will be taught via demos, instructor breakdowns and hands-on practical education utilizing mannequins and clientele.
- As students’ progress through the program, we will build on their knowledge in skin, nails, make up, up-dos, styling, men’s cuts, and avant-garde concepts.
- While on the clinic floor we will concentrate on photoshoots, customer service, self-marketing and retail skills to prepare students to build their clientele while working in a salon.
In addition, each student will participate in a state board preparation class focusing on all state requirements to prepare them for their state board exam.
Education During the Era of Covid
At TONI&GUY your safety and health is of the utmost importance to us! During the pandemic we will be hosting digital career fairs and student hair shows to accommodate the reduced capacity and social distancing in our facilities. As students become salon ready and have mastered the foundational techniques, they will begin to work on advanced techniques from the latest TONI&GUY collections, prepare their portfolios and resume while practicing interview skills.
Ready to start a career in Cosmetology? We have multiple beauty programs so you can choose which area you’re most interested in studying! Contact us if you have any questions about the application process, financial aid, or anything else. We’re excited to see what beauty goals you’ll accomplish!